International Permaculture Day, on the first Sunday in May (or thereabouts), is a day of celebration and action for permaculture around the world. It is a day when visitors can see these range of our initiatives, ask questions and decide for themselves whether the permaculture design system has relevance to the challenges we face and to creating resilient communities.
Now in its 10th year, International Permaculture Day has grown rapidly from its roots as a local Australian initiative to a global day of permaculture celebrated in over 35 countries.
Why not experience permaculture on the ground with practitioners?
It is a chance to visit homes, gardens and farms, or go along to film screenings, workshops, permablitzes (garden makeovers) and much more.
Why not organise an event in your area? It is simple just complete the ‘Add and event‘ form.
How you can help support IPD 2019…
We need ongoing help with:
- social media
- video production
- graphic design
- copy writing
- public and media relations
- language translation and more.
If you are able to support IPD, please email us your list of skills if you’re interested in joining the team!Find out more and view 2018 supporters
A big thank you to the 2018 volunteer team and supporters…
Thanks to the imagination and generosity of the International Permaculture Day coordinating team of volunteers who helped make IPD 2017 a great success:
- Supporters: Digital Pacific, North America Permaculture Magazine and Pip (Australian Permaculture Magazine)
- Joint International Coordinators – Fiona Campbell, Russ Grayson
- Graphic Designers – Elena Parmiggiani, Lauren Pothof
- Website support – Fiona Campbell
- Social Media Team – Russ Grayson, Fiona Campbell.