International Permaculture Day on the first Sunday in May is a day of celebration and action for permaculture around the world. It is a day when visitors can see these myriad initiatives, ask questions of their developers and decide for themselves whether the permaculture design system has relevance to the challenges we face and to creating communities that are resilient in the face of undesirable and unforeseeable impacts.
Now in its 7th year, International Permaculture Day has grown rapidly from its roots as a local Australian initiative to a global day of permaculture celebrated in over 35 countries.
Why not experience permaculture on the ground with practitioners? It is a chance to visit homes, gardens and farms, or go along to film screenings, workshops, permablitzes (garden makeovers) and much more.
Why not organise an event in your area? It is simple just complete the ‘Add and event‘ form.
How you can help support IPD 2016…
We need ongoing help with:
- social media
- video production
- graphic design
- copy writing
- public and media relations
- language translation and more.
If you are able to support IPD, please email us your list of skills if you’re interested in joining the team!
A big thank you to the 2015 volunteer team…
Thanks to the imagination and generosity of the International Permaculture Day coordinating team of volunteers who helped make IPD 2015 a great success:
- Joint International Coordinators – Bella Bell, Gillian Kozicki
- Graphic Designers – Elena Parmiggiani, Lauren Pothof
- Website and Newsletter Team – Elena Parmiggiani, Elisa Catalini
- Social Media Team – Elisa Catalini, Aisosa Erun Imagbe Idaho, Frederica Teixeira, Maria Bernardes