The Food Forest Ashburton Group welcomes you to tours of the forest, coffee and nibbles, kids decorate a pot & plant, swap table, and a plant sale.
The workshop is booked out now.
Having your own home grown produce is convenient, healthy and tasty. But what if you’ve only got a small space to work with? Duncan will share his experiences with growing food in small spaces. Discover how easy it is to grow your own food, even in limited space. Explore novel ways to make the most out of the space that you have including indoors. Understand the limitations of growing in containers and how to avoid some of the common pitfalls of small space gardening. From herbs to fruit trees and everything in between, learn how to select the appropriate plants and containers for your situation. You’ll leave the session with the knowledge to ensure that your small space garden thrives. Presenter: Duncan Cocking operates Leaf, Root & Fruit Gardening Services. He is passionate about reducing the human impact on the environment and actively promotes a sustainable approach to living and sourcing of food. His blog www.LeafRootFruit.com.au is full of information and useful tips for anyone who wants to grow food at home.
PERMACULTURE DAY activities:
- Tours of the food forest, including swales, compost holes, trees and other plants
- Meet local gardeners and environmentalists,
- Plant sales – herbs, some trees, little strawberries
- Swap-Your-Surplus table – any surplus from the garden or kitchen, including coffee grounds, fruit, vegetables, pots, mulch, preserves, tools, egg shells
- Kids can decorate a second-hand pot and plant it with a seedling to take home.
- Food: Coffee and finger foods will be served
- Available: tap water, a playground, a shelter with seats and tables, toilets nearby (500m).
…in Pitt Street please
- Public Transport:
- Bus No 612 Stop Pitt Street/ Winton Road, It stops right at the food forest
- Train Glen Waverley line between Darling & East Malvern stations
Petra Kahle, convener Food Forest Ashburton Group
The Food Forest Ashburton Group planted and maintains a food forest to as many permaculture principles as possible - in the inner suburb of Ashburton VIC with 26 productive trees plus herbs and perennial vegetables. We are part of the local community. Permaculture Day is one of 5 free events this year at our Food Forest.
We are auspiced by the Craig Family Centre, meaning they help with organising and insurance, and we don't have to do much of that.
“This project is supported by grant funding from the City of Boroondara”
Visited 1755 times, 1 Visit today