Its with real excitement that NHG invite you to book now and attend the first from what we understand formal convergence of its kind of Permaculture in Gippsland. With your help and input we’ve been able to reach some really interesting people to help make this event a special one and a solid foundation of which to hold many more in the future based on the 3 Permaculture ethics – This event has focus on ‘share of surplus’ and reaching a greater audience and helping to grow this system of designing human habitats that have core values centred around regeneration of Community, Land and Food Systems.
Gippsland Food Production and Permaculture into the future
We will explore a vision for Permaculture in Gippsland and look at what are the opportunities for all those who join us on the day. How we can best work together in collaboration, support each others enterprises and inform our friends and customers in a way that inspires new conversation around food and Permaculture ethics. How do we design new systems that integrate new thinking? how will our ideas become invasive species in our region; threatening to destroy our traditional culture of hopelessness. This talk may seem harmless, full of possibilities and practical advice for small farms, but it is actually spreading revolutionary seeds that jeopardise agribusiness and the alienation between people and nature. Romantic dreamers have been advocating rural livelihoods before, whilst struggling to make a living off the land. So, good people, if you are standing up for your rights as victims of your circumstances, stay away from this event, it might just change what you think and inspire change in others.
Date – 1st May 2016
Location – Glengarry Hall (Glengarry Victoria)
Time – 8.30am Registration (9am Sharp) Start.
Cost – $45 General Public per person $25 Permaculture Alumni (Those that have attended a Permaculture Course by Nick Huggins)
NOTE: No tickets will be sold at the door. Pre-booked tickets only. Bookings close Monday 25th April at 12pm.
Payments by EFT
Please use your last name as a payment reference:
- Account Name: Nick Huggins Group
- Bank: Commonwealth Bank
- BSB 062-545
- Account Number: 1043 0983
Start 9am – 30min- Welcome by (MC – Nick Huggins ) to the Convergence
- 9.30am to 10.30am – 1hr – Keynote presentation (Confirmed) Adam Grubb on his book (The weed forages handbook. )
- 10.30am to 11am – 30min – Morning Tea and networking -Plant swap, Share surplus food.
- 11pm to 11.30am -30min – Permaculture & Schools – Proposed – (Melissa Pavey) Glengarry schools Permaculture journey. TBA
- 11.30am to 12.30pm 1hr – Presentation One – The Dirt On Soil – Michael Coffey
12.30pm to 1.30pm — 1Hr – Lunch
- 1.30pm to 2pm -30min- Presentation Two – Andrew Young – Bee Keeping Basics TBA
- 2.pm to 2.30pm – 30min – Presentation Three – VEG Design Process – Adam Grubb
- 2.30pm to 3pm – Afternoon Tea – Networking Plant swap, Share surplus food.
- 3pm to 3.30pm 30min – Gippsland Food Production and Permaculture into the future. Nick Huggins facilitate a round table discussion on moving forward. – Conclusion of the day.
- 4pm to 5.30pm- BBQ and drinks at the hall as an extension of our networking for the day. All welcome.
How to book
BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL — NOTE — no tickets will be sold at the door. Pre-booked tickets only.
Bookings close Monday 25th April at 12pm.
Payments by EFT
Please use your last name as a payment reference
ccount Name: Nick Huggins Group
Bank: Commonwealth Bank
Account Number: 1043 0983
Visited 1111 times, 2 Visits today